Unlike Incandescent lights, tubular fluorescent lights are one of the most efficient type of lighting you can have, averaging up to 20,000 hours of lighting. Most commonly found in commercial buildings tubular fluorescent lights have made leaps and bounds in their design. There are now small diameter lamps like the T-10 and T-8 that are super-efficient.
Unlike incandescent lights, tubular fluorescent lights efficiency doesn’t depend strictly on the bulb but the lamp and ballast system you have it in. There are both magnetic and the more modern electronic ballasts but with either type they are required to meet a governmental standard of efficiency.
If you are thinking about getting this type of lighting in your home make sure to hire a certified electrician to do the installation since any electrical work can be very dangerous if not done correctly.
Incandescent lights are one of the least efficient light bulbs but at the same time the most common. They are popular because they produce a mellow light that is very similar to natural sunlight and they also are the most inexpensive bulbs to buy. However, incandescent lights usually range from 1000 to 2000 hours of use in a standard home. Not only do they have a short life span, they only convert 15% of the energy they use into actual light. The rest is converted into heat making them one of the most expensive types of bulbs to use for lighting. If you don’t want to use other bulbs like Tungsten-halogen, Compact Fluorescent Lamps, Tubular fluorescent fixtures or High-intensity discharge (HID), you might want to try using Reduced-wattage incandescents which produce the same amount of light output but use less energy than the standard incandescent.
For more information on how to get your home running at peak energy efficiency, visit A&H Electric or give us a call at (936) 756-0442.
There are supposed to be thunder storms on Wednesday, make sure that your home’s wiring is in full repair. Water and electricity can be very dangerous to you, your family and home and we want to make sure that your home is as safe as it should be.
Not many people think about it but outlets are one of the most important features in a house; they provide electrical power to all the appliances and electronics in your home. We’re sure that you have had the experience of plugging a cord into an outlet and it sparks. There are many reasons why this could happen and none of them are good; this could lead to an electrical fire. Make sure that if an outlet ever sparks to contact anelectrician right away.
The sparking could be caused by exposed wiring this means that the insulation around the wiring has deteriorated or is missing for some reason. These exposed wires touching each other can cause short circuits and sparking.
Improper wiring is also a very strong possibility if you are getting sparking in an outlet; this could mean that the terminal wiring is loose or the internal contact is poor. If the outlet feels hot to the touch this may be the cause of the sparking. Remember that these are just some of the things that might be causing sparking. You should leave any actual electrical work to a certified professional electrician.
Sparking could also be caused by an overloaded receptacle. Outlets are designed to have two plugs in them so if you have multiple adapters or converters plugged in this could cause instability in the outlet. If this is the case, try using surge protectors instead.
We will be addressing some of thelighting issues you may be having in your home or business. Improper lighting is not only annoying but can be a safety issue
Light Bulbs Flicker: If it’s just one light that is blinking, this probably
means that there is a poor electrical connection in the light fixture. If
the flickering is in the whole house that could mean that there could be a bad connection in the main wire.
Recessed Light Turns Off: If you have a wall or ceiling light that is flush
to the wall and it keeps going out, this could be that the built-in shut-off
is getting activated from over-heating. Over-heating can be caused by using
the wrong watt light bulb or an over insulated casing.
Bright Light – Dim Light: If you have some bright lights and some dim lights
in your home or maybe you have appliance burning out for no reason, this may
be a bad main neutral.
We want to remind you that it is not safe to fix these types of wiring
problems by yourself. This should be left to a professional, let us help!
A&H Electric Company was founded in September of 1977 by Ray Audas and David Heintz with the vision of creating an electrical contracting business dedicated to customer service and reliability. These basic business principals and our 34 years of experience in the electrical trade will allow us to offer the finest electrical contracting services well into the future.